MMRDA – Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority, delivered infrastructure projects worth Rs 5,955 crore. Completed projects in the list include the country’s first Chembur-Wadala monorail (Rs 1,200 crore 8.93 km) and Rs 2,365 crore metro rails project connecting Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar.
Some of the vital infra-projects completed in year 2014 are, Rs 1,463.87 crore 17-km long Eastern Freeway, Rs 428 crore worth 3.5 km Santacruz-Chembur link road, Amar Mahal junction 1,096-meter long flyover worth Rs 76 crore, Rs 400 crore and 2 km long Sahar elevated road and south-bound arm of Kherwadi flyover worth Rs 21.96 crore.
Infrastructure projects worth Rs. 69, 425 crore worth projects have been approved by MMRDA to improve infrastructure of Mumbvai, India’s financial capital in years to come.
- 33.5 km Colaba-Bandra-Seepz underground metro corridor project worth Rs 24,340 crore,
- 40 km-long Dahisar-Charkop-Bandra-Mankhurd metro corridor at an estimated cost of Rs 25,605 crore
- 32 km-long Wadala-Ghatkopar-Thane-Kasarvadavali metro corridor requiring an expenditure of Rs 19,097 crore.
- Four flyovers at Bandra-Kurla junction costing Rs 227 crore
- 1.6 km connector worth Rs 156 crore between Bandra-Kurla complex and Eastern Express Highway near Chunabhatti
Currently projects worth Rs 22,816 crore are already under implementation.