“Skilled Trades Meeting Point”: Themed tours – Forum – Panel discussions – Training camp
BAU, the World’s Leading Trade Fair for Architecture, Materials and Systems, also has a great deal on offer for members of the skilled trades in the building profession. For a number of years now these events and services have been grouped together at BAU under the name of the “Skilled Trades Meeting Point”. At BAU 2015 this targeted offering is even more extensive than before.
- In the Forum Skilled Trades Meeting Point in Hall B0 experts will be giving advice and practical tips to help with day-to-day work. Visitors can choose from a range of themes: IT for building professionals, building valuation, thermal insulation, modern heating technology – there is something for everybody.
- Themed tours of the show are an opportunity for the skilled trades to gain a rapid overview of the highlights at the stands of the exhibitors at BAU. The tours focus on the themes of wood, innovative insulation materials, IT and doors, windows and fittings; they start at the stand of the Konradin Mediengruppe in the area at the East Entrance (January 21, 22, at 13:00 and 16:00 on each day). The tours are led by experienced building professionals.
- New in 2015 is the “Skilled Trades Stammtisch”, a get-together for members of the skilled trades. In a cooperation between the Konradin Mediengruppe
and the Central Association of the German Construction Industry (ZDB – Zentralverband Deutsches Baugewerbe) a series of chaired panel
discussions will be taking place from Tuesday to Friday, starting each day at 11:00. The themes currently being planned include: Thermal insulation
– Still a hot topic (January 20); Training the next generation and attracting skilled professionals (January 21); Building defects – Cooperation on the building site (January 22); Sufficiency in building culture – Lasting quality instead of doubtful quality (January 23).
- Again in 2015 Germany´s top building workers will be setting up a “World Skills” training camp at BAU. Each day at the East Entrance visitors will be able to watch these professionals as they train and maybe pick up one or two useful tips. This camp is being organized by the ZDB.
BAU is the world´s leading trade fair for architecture, but it is very firmly rooted in the skilled trades. Almost 40 percent of the visitors to the show come from this group of building workers; all the skills are represented – roofers, tilers, carpenters etc.