The Government of Uttar Pradesh has a long-term program to improve the Core Road Network (CRN) and, as part of this program, has applied for a financial assistance from the World Bank for developing the Uttar Pradesh Core Road Network Development Project (UPCRNDP).
The key objective is to improve “Core Road Network” through scientific tools for planning, programming and budgeting that results in enhanced safety and capacity of existing roads and to improve the transport network system.
- On completion and/ or during progress of the proposed services, the UPCRNDP will able to: –
- Upgrade/ reconstruct/ widen as well rehabilitate selected roads
- Carry out road safety enhancement work
- Do planning, budgeting and programme to strengthen PWD project, asset and financial management
- Use Information Technology and integrated IT systems efficiently and effectively
- Have trained staff for new processes and procedures
- Improve public and external stakeholder support and awareness;
- Besides, project roads covered under Phases I & II, Sharda Bridge at Pachpheri Ghat has been proposed.
The services offered by Egis will be:
Part A: Project Preparation including Detailed Engineering Design and Contract Documentation
Part B: Construction Supervision of Civil Works
Part C: Support during defect liability period
The project is expected to be completed in 60 months