Dr. Raviraj Ahirrao (P.hD), Chairman & Founder, Vasturaviraj group Mumbai
Redevelopment is any new construction on a site that has pre-existing uses. Redevelopment is a process created to assist the government in eliminating plight from a designated area, and to achieve desired development, reconstruction and rehabilitation including but not limited to: residential, commercial, industrial and retail. Redevelopment projects can be small or large ranging from a single building to entire new neighbourhoods or “new town in town” projects.
What do you get through Redevelopment? What is the benefit of being in a redevelopment project area?
Redevelopment is one of the most effective ways to breathe new life into deteriorated areas plagued by social, physical, environmental or economic conditions which act as a barrier to new investment by private enterprise. Through redevelopment, a project area will receive focused attention and financial investment to reverse deteriorating trends, create jobs, revitalize the business climate, rehabilitate and add to the housing stock and gain active participation and investment by citizens which would not otherwise occur. An increase in Floor Space Index (FSI) and the ratio of permissible built up are to plot area and the ever increasing property prices are making developers approach residents asking for permission to demolish their old structure and put up a new building with more apartments for a big house and more money.
Builders play very important role in redevelopment sector. Getting re-housed in a redeveloped building is a dream of lifetime of a middle class family and the housing societies should not take chances.
Numerous cases are reported, where the dreams of innocent middle class families are crashed when the redevelopment assignments undertaken are neither accomplished in given time by such builders chosen by housing societies nor are the promised facilities made available or never provided.
What can a society do for redevelopment?
Before choosing a builder, the housing societies need to know more about the background of builder. Choosing the right builder by the members of the society is vital and important because it is the builder who builds your dream home.
Following are some points that the society should consider before finalising the redevelopment project.
The builder must deliver the project in time along with 100 per cent transparency in all the dealings. He must stick to the promised terms and conditions and pay penalty if the project delivery is late. Trust is the most important element in a society-builder relation and that should be well taken care of by the builder. Get all the promises or agreements made by builder in writing. It should outline the work to be done, date of completion, amenities or facilities promised.
The Builder selected, should be of unshakable reputation for quality, efficiency, trust, meticulous planning, top quality amenities, superlative designs, timely completion, guaranteed possessions and handing over of property of the Society for rehabilitation of its members.
What role does Vastushastra play in redevelopment and rehabilitation projects?
Subjecting the project to vastu analysis is a timely investment and not expenditure. Research conducted by us in the field, reveals that presently, in many of the projects compliance to vastu is less than 40%. Often it is found that projects implemented without compliance to vastu norms of results in:
1) Delay in implementation/ Cost over Runs/ Financial Constraints
2) Labor problems/Litigation/Political uncertainty
3) Stagnation/ /slack demand/ Blockage of Receivables etc.
4) Project being held up for inexplicable reasons/Technical problems
Through Research conducted over a period of time, we have developed various techniques to enhance the vastu conformity to around 85%. We increase vastu compliance to the optimum level and neutralize the deficiencies through special cost effective remedies without structural demolition.
How will Vasturaviraj Help in Redevelopment?
- Organizing Stage shows & conducting committee member’s meetings in societies to spread awareness on Vastushastra.
- Implementation of the project as per the architectural specifications and government laws but ensuring that the same is conforming to vastu norms through suitable reorientation without any extra costs or deviation.
- Neutralization of vastu defects through special remedies developed by the Company.
- Higher productivity and growth by adhering to selection and design as per vastu science and harnessing the positive effects generated through applied Vastushastra.
- Cost effective techniques for optimization of output under different parameters.
- Enhancement of the economic viability through business success and integrated progress. Completion of the project within the stipulated period thereby reducing the cost overruns.
Table of no of clients of Vasturaviraj in redevelopment
|S. NO||Name of Project||Developer||No. Of tenants||Total Built up Area||Planning and designing entire project.||Project Layout Planning.|
What will the families benefit from vastushastra implementation in their project / Home?
- A house completely based on Vastushastra principles & nature’s positive energy
- Progress-peace-prosperity-health and harmony in individual’s life
- Securing future of your family & generations to come
How will be the builder developer benefited by implementing Vastushastra in Redevelpoment?
- Timely completion of project without any hurdles & obstacles
- Useful in controlling total project cost thus ensuring increased gains & credibility
- Planning of project in lieu of various Government bye-laws, Principles of Architectural science with practical approach
- Making it possible to construct each house 75-80 % as per Vastushastra against 40% at present.
- Installing remedial measures without any structural demolition to ensure a Vastushastra compliant project
- Provision of Green or Gold Certificate of ‘Vastushastra Compliance’ by Vasturaviraj authorities.
- Training to marketing staff on how to highlight Vastushastra aspects of your project useful for selling.