1. India has an upbeat market for curtain wall solution, and there are numerous brands already existing, what would you say is the USP of Kawneer?
- A division of Alcoa, Kawneer stands tall for the solutions it provides for entrances, framing systems, windows and curtain wall systems. We are around in this business for 107 years but entered in Indian market when the industry was in dire need of new technology along with sustainable solutions. Kawneer’s business was built in India keeping sustainable solutions in view which was appropriate to cater the emerging market of sustainable and green construction. Kawneer India supports LEED green building rating system and is pioneer of green initiatives.
2. Indian curtain wall market is transforming, any plans of Kawneer for future expansion.
- We have been doing well in India since the inception from 2007 and yes we are looking forward for expansions. We are getting a good response and we have been having an engaging clientele. Let us hope to get good out of our present endeavour and future will be bright thereon.
3. Talking about the products, which products were specifically introduced in India and what kind of response you got for the same.
- The response in Indian market has been splendid. We have launched two products, specially developed for indian market.
- One of them is AA1420, it is a window solution which provides a high performance window at an economical price. One special thing about AA1420 is that we can choose from wide finish options suitable to specific needs like powder coating, anodization, marine powder coating, wooden finish and PVDF coating.
- The other one is AA1510 which is a sliding door/window solution makes installation easy while its minimal stile face width allows virtually uninterrupted vision, meeting the needs of the architect, the installer and the owner. This is the USP of AA1510.
- These products are greatly appreciated for their suitability to Indian market and used widely all over.
4. Could you please highlight some flagship products and projects in India
- Kawneer has been in the business for almost a century and has a range of products. In Indian context, we have AA521, AA3765, and AA100 as flagship products. These products have been used in many prestigious projects like Westin and Nestle R&D Centre in Gurgaon, Madhukar Orthonova hospital in Saket Delhi and ITC Grand Chola hotel, Chennai to name a few. In fact, ITC Grand Chola is one of the biggest platinum rated building by LEED in India, apart from green profile, AA100 also compliments the aesthetic beauty of your project.
- Hyatt palace, Gurgaon has a combination of AA521 casement windows as well as AA100 curtain walling system. AA3765 gives you stylish fittings, good performance along with economy, it is preferred for hospitality projects, one of the flagship projects being executed is Marriott Raipur
- Some other flagship projects include Anna Centenary Library, Chennai. Oberoi Trident Hotel Hyderabad and Andal Airport, Durgapur among others.
5. If Indian market is analysed, now there is a fair demand in B2C type of services too. Any plans for transiting from B2B to B2C.
- Kawneer’s journey in India for B2B segment has been satisfying so far. Yes, we have encountered the fact that there is a need to slightly look into the B2C segment too. Nevertheless, as of now, we are concentrating on serving our B2B segments with full capacity.
6. How different it is to operate in India as against the vast history of 125 years in other regions like North America, Europe, and North Africa.
- Indian market is always adaptive to new products. We have been having a good business streak as far as the product and the range of projects are considered. There are some differences while operating in India as compared to operations in other countries but the reception has been awesome, we were able to accomplish much more than what we had imagined and wish to continue further with over a century old legacy of Kawneer, an Alcoa Company.